7-Eleven has scaled its Evolution Store concept following the successful opening of its beta store in Dallas last March. These Evolution Stores serve as real-time experiential testing grounds where customers can try the retailer’s latest innovations in new store formats. Both stores include a Laredo Taco Company restaurant.
“7-Eleven’s mission is to give convenience customers what they want, when and where they want it,” said 7-Eleven President and CEO Joe DePinto. “Our evolution stores bring outstanding innovation to life through new food and beverage platforms as well as through digital experiences.”
The first Evolution Store exceeded the retailer’s expectations with enthusiastic reviews, crowds of customers and sales that continue to climb. Concepts that resonate with consumers are refined before being incorporated into the next generation of current and new store standards.
“These new stores are invaluable learning labs where new concepts are tailored to meet the needs of the communities they will serve from sunny California to the fast-paced world of the East Coast,” said 7-Eleven evp and COO Chris Tanco. “We will continue to evolve based on customer feedback and we look forward to creating the next generation of convenience together.”
In addition to Laredo Taco Company, 7-Eleven Evolution Stores will offer an assortment of exclusive products, services and features:
- Made-to-order specialty drinks that give customers the option to customer their drinks in a full-service beverage format including custom hot coffee drinks like flavored lattes, mochas and more as well as custom cold drinks like smoothies, agua fresca and cold brew coffee.
- Self-serve specialty coffee drinks with the addition of touch-screen machines that brew custom hot coffee drinks like lattes, cappuccinos and espresso shots to name a few.
- Novelty beverages on tap dispense cold beverages like tea, cold brew, kombucha, nitro cold brew, flavored drinks and more.
- Cold treats bar with multiple frozen yogurt and ice cream that can be swirled to create new flavors with multiple toppings.
- Cookies, croissants and pastries baked fresh in-store daily.
- Mobile checkout—customers can skip the checkout counter and pay for their purchases via the 7-eleven app and accompanying 7Rewards loyalty program.
- 7NOW Delivery App – 7-Eleven’s on-demand delivery app allows customers to achieve convenience like never before and have their favorite items like fresh food, beverages, snacks, groceries and household products delivered straight to their door.
- National brand electronics such as tablets and Bluetooth headphones available for sale from a secure, self-serve kiosk.
- On-the-go beauty with expanded skin care, makeup and other health and beauty items.
- “The Cellar”, an alcove dedicated to an expanded selection of wines and craft beers with a nearby growler station that features a rotating selection of local craft beer, cider and ales on tap.
7-Eleven acquired the Laredo Taco Company restaurants along with Stripes convenience stores in South Texas as part of the 1,000-store acquisition from Sunoco 2018.
The Washington D.C. store is now open, and the San Diego store will be open in the coming months. 7-Eleven plans to continue to expand Evolution Stores across the country in 2020.