Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show Now Open for Registration
The newly redesigned Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show is being held Nov. 1-3 at the Caribe Royale Resort in Orlando, FL.
This premier event will offer the hottest menu trends, state-of-the-art design and décor, the best in business education and hundreds of exhibitors offering newest food products, technology and equipment. The tradeshow and conference are sponsored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association.
Highlights of the trade show and conference include:
- During the trade show and conference, 100 percent of attendee registration fees collected will be donated to a new disaster relief fund being formed by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association (FRLA).
- The education program will kick off on Tuesday, Nov. 1st with two pre-conference workshops. One will focus on the lodging industry with a dynamic panel of female leaders from The B Resort, Red Lobster, Tijuana Flats, Loews Hotels at Universal and Courtyard & SpringHill Suites by Marriott and a second workshop on Restaurant Inflation (Recession) Battle Plan which will include crisis planning.
- On Wednesday, Nov. 2 there will be a breakfast General Session featuring Donna Hood Crecca, Principal, Technomic who will discuss Recovery and Growth in Uncertain Times. Donna will provide an overview of the state of the foodservice industry in the U.S., including new consumer and market dynamics, lodging segment specifics.
- The Thursday morning breakfast keynote will feature Jim “Murph” Murphy, former U.S. Airforce F-15 fighter pilot and founder of Afterburner, a global leader in training and consulting which help leaders accelerate individual performance by connecting strategy to execution. Jim will share A Fighter Pilot’s Secret to Business Success.
- Awards Presentations:
- The Torch Award will be presented to Jim Shirley, chef and restaurateur in South Walton, Florida, owning Great Southern Café, 45 Central Wine and Sushi Bar and b.f.f. in Seaside, Florida. In 2020, Jim was appointed as Chairman of the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (FRLA).
- The Beacon Award will be presented to Chef Michelle Bernstein, a Miami native of Jewish and Latin descent, has dazzled diners and critics alike with her sublime cuisine and a personality as bright and vibrant as the Florida sun. Bernstein dedicates time to Common Threads, an after-school program for underprivileged kids,
- The education during the event will offer courses from the FRLA and other leading subject matter experts who will discuss How to Negotiate Restaurant Leases during a Disaster, How to Rebuild a Successful Restaurant, Disaster Preparedness, Restaurant Leadership, Disruptive Innovations and many other sessions focused on operations and marketing. For the full conference program, click here.
- The expo hall will offer a diverse and curated collection of products and services, high production demonstrations, competitions and awards, wine & spirits and much more. Special events will include a breakfast keynote, general session, a networking reception, awards, fundraiser and through separate registration, the FRLA Gala.
- The Hip Sip Battle of the Modern Bartender will take place on Wednesday, Nov. 2 at 3:30 pm on Center Stage, where local bartenders will compete for the best bourbon cocktail using Savage & Cooke Distillery’s The Burning Chair Bourbon. The Rapid-Fire Firehouse Favorites Competition will be held on Thursday, Nov. 3 at 2 pm.
To register for press credentials, click here.
For more information, click here for all the latest information.