Giant Food Announces “Healthier Together” Virtual Series to Promote and Explore Wellness in the New Year
Giant Food, the leading greater Washington, D.C. regional grocery chain, today announced a five-week “Healthier Together” virtual series of free online nutrition and healthy living classes aimed at supporting the wellness goals of its local community. The series will run from Jan. 17-Feb. 14 and will be hosted by Giant’s Healthy Living Team of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists who will provide guidance, inspiration, recipe and product suggestions for those looking to kick off a healthy new year.
“Implementing lifestyle changes big or small can be overwhelming and we know change looks different for everyone,” said Lisa Coleman, Director of Healthy Living at Giant. “Our team has created a program that provides realistic solutions and helpful resources for those in the community who want to start the new year off by prioritizing their wellness.”
Attendees are invited to join the live classes on Tuesdays at 10 AM or 7 PM EST or to watch recorded sessions at a time of their choosing. The sessions will explore the following topics:
- Jan. 17 – Organizing and Planning for the New Year: From Meal Planning to home keeping, learn how to better manage your budget and time using simple tools and strategies.
- Jan. 24 – A Mindful Approach to the New Year: Mindfulness is all about being present. Learn how mindfulness applies to eating, meaningful connections and work-life balance.
- Jan. 31 – Healthy Habits to Support Fitness Goals: Whether you work out at home, in the gymor somewhere in between, healthy habits are essential to obtain and maintain your fitness goals.
- Feb. 7 – Food as Preventative Medicine: The link between food and health is more important than ever before. Learn how to shop for long-term health and wellbeing.
- Feb. 14 – Expanding & Balancing Your Plate: Healthy doesn’t have to be boring – in fact, it can be just the opposite when you try something new or trendy.
Throughout the series, the Giant Healthy Living Team will also be showcasing Guiding Stars rated products that can effectively support a full spectrum of wellness goals. To encourage customers to make healthier food choices, Giant Flexible Rewards® members can opt in to receive 2x Flexible Rewards points when they shop Guiding Stars rated products.
To register for the “Healthier Together” series, visit Eventbrite.