Gopuff, the go-to solution for immediate everyday needs, today announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire rideOS, an enterprise start-up that builds cutting-edge proprietary technology for advanced routing, on-demand dispatch and fleet optimization for the fast-growing delivery and logistics industries. As Gopuff launches in more complex and high-density cities, accelerates geographic expansion and enters into new verticals, rideOS’ proprietary technology and team of industry-leading experts will enable the company to innovate faster, power multi-modal deliveries and continually reduce delivery times to continue to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
Sharad Sundaresan, Gopuff’s SVP, Product & Growth, said, “rideOS is among the best mapping, dispatching and routing technology firms in the industry and we are thrilled to have them lead innovation in key sectors for Gopuff. This investment will enable Gopuff to continually improve the customer experience in more complex geographies as we lead and define the Instant Needs category worldwide.”
Acquiring rideOS, a company created and led by mapping and ride-hailing pioneers from Uber, Google, Apple and others, will afford Gopuff several strategic advantages, including:
- Provide Gopuff with a team of global experts dedicated to optimizing and innovating its logistics and operations technology
- Bring Gopuff immediate access to proprietary delivery, routing and logistics technology and the ability to accelerate the rate of innovation in these sectors
- Position Gopuff to further improve its industry-leading delivery times and superior unit economics
- Quickly develop technology to power multi-modal deliveries and other advancements, to excel in more complex, high-density cities
- Enable Gopuff to develop new tools for its field organization and delivery-partners that both improve their experience and enable greater efficiencies
“Gopuff’s mission and global ambition to be the world’s go-to solution for immediate everyday needs is a natural extension of the rideOS’ vision to build software that efficiently moves people and things throughout the world,” said Justin Ho, co-founder and CEO of rideOS. “We see this as a unique opportunity to scale our culture, values, team, products and technology, with a company at the forefront of defining the Instant Needs economy. Given Gopuff’s exponential growth, we expect to significantly increase our headcount by the end of this year, expanding our presence in Silicon Valley, Pittsburgh and Berlin.”
Gopuff and rideOS are each currently seeking senior software engineers focused on optimization, routing and maps, backend engineers, product managers, data scientists and product designers in Berlin, San Francisco and Pittsburgh. For more information about open roles at rideOS, click here.