PLMA has announced that IGA Inc. President and CEO John Ross will be the keynote speaker at its 2023 Annual Private Label Trade Show, Nov. 12-14 in Chicago.
Ross will speak at the Monday, Nov. 13, keynote breakfast, entitled, “Economics, Global Retailing and the Opportunity for Private Label Growth.”
Ross is responsible for domestic and global operations for IGA, the world’s largest independent supermarket network. In his presentation, he will reveal changes in consumer behavior based on global data from more than 6,500 IGA stores worldwide. He will discuss how new shopping behavior will plot the course for the industry in the short run and guide investment strategies over the long haul.
Ross is one of many industry experts who will lead thought-provoking presentations that address key industry topics.
On Sunday, Nov. 12:
- Marshal Cohen, Chief Industry Advisor, Retail, Circana, “Retail Compression: Private Label’s Big Opportunity.”
- Kevin Ryan, Founder/CEO of Malachite Strategy and Research, “Taste of Tomorrow: Forecasting the Future Forces Reshaping Private Label Food.”
- Sara Williamson, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Marketing, SUNY Old Westbury, will reveal key findings from PLMA’s new Gen Z Shopper Survey.
- Laureen Schroeder, Owner/Founder of Bespoke Beauty Partners, “What’s Next in Beauty: Top Trends for Innovation.”
On Tuesday, Nov. 14, at the Retail Trends Breakfast:
- Ken Harris, Managing Partner, Cadent Consulting Group, will identify many of the topics highlighted in the press today to provide a real-world view of what is truly happening with his clients.
PLMA has also announced that exhibitor space at the show has sold out. Ranked a Gold 100 Show and the largest of its kind, the show will feature 1,650 exhibiting companies and 2,760 booths. Exhibitor demand is so strong that an additional show hall will be used to accommodate a 20 percent increase in booth space from last year. Non-food exhibitors alone have increased by more than 40 percent.
“The exhibitor enthusiasm reflects the importance and growth of private brands, now a $230 billion industry,” said PLMA President Peggy Davies. “The Private Label Trade Show is the hub of private label innovation, information and ideas.”
The exhibit floor of PLMA’s 2023 “THE STORE BRANDS PHENOMENON” Private Label Trade Show will feature dozens of product categories, including wine and spirits; baby care essentials; shelf-stable groceries; plant-based foods, beverages; fresh, frozen and refrigerated products; organics; foodservice products; beauty and cosmetics; pet care; personal and self-care; household and laundry; OTC pharmaceuticals; vitamins and supplements; paper and plastics; kitchenware and general merchandise.
The event has a strong global presence: 45 percent of the exhibit floor will be filled with companies from outside the US. About 760 specialty food and nonfood exhibitors from nearly 60 countries in Europe, South America and Asia will be featured in or 40 national pavilions and elsewhere on the show floor.
Show Navigator is launched 30 days prior to the show. During the show, Show Navigator is a mobile-friendly tool accessible to all attendees over a dedicated Wi-Fi network. For more information, contact PLMA at +1 212 972-3131, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit PLMA.