Ben’s Original, part of Mars, unveiled its latest innovation: Ben’s Original 10 Medley. The new addition offers a nourishing, high-fiber dish, getting its name from its mix of 10 hearty grains, vegetables, legumes and herbs that come together in one convenient ready-to-heat pouch.
“Understanding growing consumer interest in gut health and the impact a healthy gut has on physical and mental well-being, we knew there was a need for a nutrient-dense innovation. We also know many consumers feel overwhelmed by the time required to make nutritious and delicious meals,” said Angie Madigan, Vice President of Marketing Mars Food & Nutrition North America. “Our Ben’s Original team is thrilled to provide consumers with another simple and delicious way to get more plant protein and fiber in their diets through our new Ben’s Original 10 Medley product.”
Every pouch of Ben’s Original 10 Medley has at least 10 grams of fiber from diversified sources and 10 grams of protein to help maintain a balanced diet while supporting good gut health. Packed alongside that nourishment, each pouch has enough flavor and variety to be enjoyed on its own, to quickly round out a meal or to put a new spin on leftovers.
Ben’s Original 10 Medley is ready to enjoy after just 90 seconds in the microwave or directly from the pouch and is available in four flavors:
- Ben’s Original 10 Medley Chinese Style Five Spice: A medley of brown rice, barley, carrots, corn, peas, green beans, ginger, red bell pepper, onion, garlic and green chili.
- Ben’s Original 10 Medley Smoky Southwest: A medley of barley, brown rice, corn, red kidney beans, jalapenos, black beans, tomatoes, red bell pepper, onion, garlic and cilantro.
- Ben’s Original 10 Medley Caribbean Style: A medley of barley, brown rice, carrots, red bell pepper, tomatoes, red kidney beans, black beans, onion, garlic, parsley, thyme and oregano.
- Ben’s Original 10 Medley Tomato & Herbs: A medley of barley, brown rice, green beans, peas, tomatoes, red and green bell peppers, onion, basil, garlic, oregano and chickpeas.
To launch the five-star innovation, Ben’s Original is partnering with longtime Ben’s Original enthusiast, critically acclaimed chef and James Beard Award nominee Shenarri Freeman, famous for her vegan soul food dishes.
“I’m excited to help showcase Ben’s Original 10 Medley through unique, convenient and balanced recipes,” said Chef Freeman. “I grew up with Ben’s Original and it’s been part of my family’s mealtimes for as long as I can remember. I am honored to join the Ben’s Original team and help continue to create meals and experiences that offer everyone a seat at the table.”
Chef Freeman and Ben’s Original created four unique Ben’s Original 10 Medley recipes, featuring a balance of nutrient-rich ingredients that are quick, easy and tasty, including:
- Broccoli “Fried Rice” with Ben’s Original 10 Medley
- Smoky Southwest Tacos with Ben’s Original 10 Medley
- Tomato Cucumber Salad with Ben’s Original 10 Medley
- Caribbean Style Wrap with Ben’s Original 10 Medley
Ben’s Original 10 Medley is now available at major retailers across the United States and Canada.
To learn more about Ben’s Original 10 Medley, visit Ben’s Original.