Starting Saturday, May 16, Publix stores will be open daily from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. and pharmacy will return to normal operating hours. Designated shopping hours for customers over the age of 65, first responders and health care workers are being discontinued; however, Publix encourages customers who prefer to shop when the store is less crowded to come in during the 7 a.m. hour.
Each store will continue to support social distancing and the well-being of our associates and customers by:
- conducting additional cleaning and preventive sanitation before and after store hours, including sanitizing high-touch surfaces frequently throughout the day
- requiring associates to wear face coverings and allowing associates to wear disposable, non-latex gloves where not prohibited by OSHA regulations
- encouraging 6-foot separation through:
- regular intercom announcements
- signage and floor decals and
- one-way shopping aisles
- having Plexiglass shields at all registers, pharmacies and customer service counters
- promoting contactless pay and
- allowing store managers to limit the number of customers inside stores.